Cuisine of Uttar Pradesh
Cuisine of Uttar Pradesh is from the state of Uttar Pradesh(UP) located in Northern India. The Cuisine of UP has a large variety of dishes. The cuisine consists of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes of different varieties. Being a large state, the cuisine of UP share lot of dishes and recipes with the neighboring states of Delhi, Uttarakhand, Haryana and Apart from native cuisine, Mughlai and Awadhi are two famous sub types of cuisine of the state.
- 1 Bread
- 2 Common dishes
- 3 Traditional desserts
- 4 Common beverages
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
As wheat is the staple food of the state, breads are very significant. Breads are generally flat breads; only a few varieties are raised breads. The breads may be made of different types of flour and can be made in various ways. Popular breads include tandoori naan (naan baked in a tandoor), tandoori roti, kulcha, taftan, sheermal, Rumali Roti,
Paratha, millet (millet flour flatbread), and lachha paratha.
A staple meal from UP, consisting of sabji, daal and rotis with mango pickle.
Kachori sabji is a popular breakfast in Uttar Pradesh.
Shahi Paneer and bread.
Papdi-chaat has its roots in Uttar Pradesh.
- Aaloo Paratha
- Baati chokha also known as Litti
- Boti Kabab
- Chaat has its root from Uttar Pradesh
- Chicken Biryani
- Chole Bhature
- Daal bhari Puri
- Daal Makhani is fried from Butter
- Dum Bhindi (Fried whole okra stuffed with spiced potato filling)
- Egg Karry
- Fara, the fried smashed urad pulse wrpped by rice bread and steamed.
- Gobhi Mussallam
- Kadi Chawal
- Kahi Pakoda Kadhi
- Kakori Kabab (similar to Seekh Kabab)
- long latta
- Meethi Roti
- Methi Paratha
- Mutton Biryani
- Nimona (Green Pea & Potato Curry)
- Palak Paneer
- Paneer Pakora & of various vegetables
- Pasanda Kabab (skewered boneless mutton)
- Pasanda Paneer (similar to Paneer Makhani or butter paneer (Indian cheese)
- Rajma, Chole,
- Saada Paratha
- Seek Kabab
- Shab Deg (a winter dish, turnips and mutton balls with saffron)
- Shami Kabab (includes tangy green mango)
- Sooji Halwa
- Sultani Dal
- Tehri (vegetarian rice dish with spices and mixed vegetables that popular amongst Hindus) Famous in Allahabad
- Gajar ka Halwa
- Gond ke Laddu
- Gulab Jamun
- Chandra Kala
- Kaju Katli
- Motichoor Laddoo
- Laung Latta
- Raj Bhog
- Ras Malai
- Sheer Khorma
A stall selling Thandai, a popular milk-based cold drink from UP.
Other drinks include:
Veg Kofta curry and rice
Aloo puri is a popular breakfast
Malaiyo, a dessert made from milk cream, a specialty of Varanasi.
Khasta Kachori is a popular snack
The samosa is a popular snack from Uttar Pradesh.
Lucknowi Chicken Biryani
Lucknow is known for its galawati kebab
Paan (betel leaves) being served with silver foil at Sarnath near Varanasi.